Welcome to the Maemo Leste wiki; Maemo Leste continues the legacy of Maemo Fremantle. We aim to provide a free Maemo experience on mobile phones and tablets like the Nokia N900, Motorola Droid 4, Allwinner Tablets and more.
You can find us on freenode, channel #maemo-leste.
For an overview of the current status, you might want to check out: Status
Maemo Leste is based on Devuan Beowulf (Debian Buster) and all the "supported" devices ship with recent Linux (mainline-based) kernels.
The project is currently not usable as a daily driver for your device. Maemo Leste is currently in development phase and we are actively searching for developers.
For some devices, we have development images available, such as the N900. So far we have set up Devuan/Debian repositories for our packages, with builds for armhf, arm64 and amd64. We have FOSS replacements for some closed Maemo packages, further building on the Maemo community efforts to replace all closed bits by open software.
If you have not used Maemo before, you might want to check out some of the tips on the HowTo page.
Frequently Asked Questions
You have an application you want to see in Leste? Please let us know here.
The central point of meeting and talking is IRC (irc.freenode.net in #maemo-leste) and this thread: https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=100192.
- Our Blog: https://maemo-leste.github.io
- Our Bugtracker: https://github.com/maemo-leste/bugtracker/issues
- Our Github: https://github.com/maemo-leste/
- Our Extras Github: https://github.com/maemo-leste-extras/
- Our Images: http://maedevu.maemo.org/images/
- Our Jenkins build server: https://phoenix.maemo.org/
- Our IRC history: http://maedevu.maemo.org/irc.txt
- Our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgAWiHvWSuJAg5hjk7JYn1w (via Invidious )
- Mailing List: https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/list/maemo-leste.en.html