Motorola Droid 3
|Motorola Droid 3|
|Codename||Solana XT862 / XT860|
|Serial||Yes, special cable|
|3D acceleration||Yes  (closed)|
|Phone calls||No (needs modem work)|
|SMS||No (needs modem work)|
|FM transmitter||No, but apparently exists, needs serdev kernel modules/drivers|
|Compass||Yes, no integration|
|Ambient Light Sensor||Yes|
|GPS||No (needs modem work)|
This device is called "Motorola Milestone 3" outside of the US.
- Droid 3 with fully charged battery
- MicroUSB cable
- MicroSD card
- Host Linux system
- Android Tools: fastboot adb
- Latest maemo-leste-1.0-armhf-bionic-*.img.xz
Download from https://github.com/tmlind/droid4-kexecboot.git
Download or clone https://github.com/MerlijnWajer/bionic-clown-boot/tree/solana (solana branch!)
Follow the instructions in bionic-clown-boot's readme to install kexecboot on your device.
Now, flash the Maemo Leste image to your sdcard.
Device is still heavy work in the progress. The following is known not to work:
- Brightness control (screen is always max brightness)
- Keyboard backlight
- Modem interrupts, it is visible on USB but other communication with it doesn't work
- pstore (needs figuring out what the reserved memory is on Android)
- See if we can use 512MB ram instead of 509MB (see dts)
- 3d shows some frame lag / misdrawing, so probably powervr clock needs adjusting (seems solved on kernel 5.15)
touchscreen buttons do not work yet(fixed on 5.15)
- keyboard layout in Leste is not faithful to the icons on the keyboard, but rather mostly mimic droid 4
Additionally, the device suffers from random hangs while in use, causing resets. When pstore works, we can hopefully figure this out. (Haven't seen them on 5.15)
Also, the device often comes network locked. User:Wizzup has access to Sigmakey software and can help remotely remove the network lock.