- 1 Description
- 2 Supported Devices
- 3 Development
- 4 Roadmap
- 5 Links
Welcome to the Maemo Leste wiki; Maemo Leste continues the legacy of Maemo (Fremantle). We aim to provide a free Maemo experience on mobile phones and tablets like the Nokia N900, Motorola Droid 4, Allwinner Tablets and more.
You can find us on freenode, channel #maemo-leste.
Maemo Leste is based on Devuan Ascii (Debian Stretch) and all the "supported" devices ship with recent Linux (mainline-based) kernels.
The project is currently not usable as a daily driver for your device. Maemo Leste is currently in development phase and we are actively searching for developers. For some devices, we have development images available, such as the N900.
So far we have set up devuan/debian repositories for our packages, with builds for armel, armhf and amd64. We have FOSS replacements for some closed maemo packages, further building on the Maemo community efforts to replace all closed bits by open software.
U-Boot from sdcard
Boot through flasher from sdcard
Known Issues and workarounds
ubiboot from eMMC
- Install ubiboot.
- Create a new slice on the eMMC and format it to ext4.
- Mount your new ext4 slice and unpack the .tar.gz dist (N9 - 20180424, N950 - 20180424) to it.
ubiboot.conf. This guide assumes you will use slot 5 for Maemo Leste (example):
- Set G_OS5_INITSCRIPT to
- Set G_OS5_NUM to
- Set G_OS5_PARTITION to the partition number of your Maemo Leste slice
- Set G_OS5_NAME to
- Set G_OS5_1_LABEL to
Maemo Leste - Linux 4.16or whatever description you like
- Set G_OS5_1_FILE to
- Set G_OS5_INITSCRIPT to
- Reboot to ubiboot and select the slot for Maemo Leste.
If you don't want to repartition your eMMC, there are two alternatives:
- Use N9 Easy Boot.
- Unpack the dist to Harmattan's
/homedirectory and set G_OS5_PARTITION in ubiboot.conf to
3. This will result in Maemo Leste sharing a slice with Harmattan's
/home. Be careful when removing Maemo Leste, not to remove Harmattan's
Linux 4.16.4 plus patches
N950 status: https://elinux.org/N950
N9 status: https://elinux.org/N9
(This is the boot method currently being used but we'll probably replace this with droid4-kexecboot to aid kernel updates via deb package)
Linux 4.14 plus patches
Allwinner A20 LIME2
Allwinner A33 Tablet
Raspberry 2 or 3
Set up a VM
Packages needed testing
Packages needed building
Packages needed porting
- Our Blog: https://maemo-leste.github.io
- Our Bugtracker: https://github.com/maemo-leste/bugtracker/issues
- Our Github: https://github.com/maemo-leste/
- Our Images: http://maedevu.maemo.org/images/
The central point of meeting and talking is IRC and this thread: https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=100192.